Theory courses are assessed for 100 marks with a split of 40 marks for internal assessment and 60 marks for semester end external examination.
- Two internal assessments tests (90 min each), for each theory course are conducted over the period of the semester, one in the middle and the other at the end and the performances are averaged for 30 marks.
- External examination is for 60 marks (180 min). Question paper contains 7 questions at least 1 question from each unit. Each question carries 12 marks. A student is expected to answer any 5 questions.
Laboratory/Practice courses are assessed for 100 marks with a split of 40 marks for internal assessment and 60 marks for semester end external examination.
- Continuous assessment for 20 marks for each experimental session finally averaged to 20 marks.
- Internal assessment test (180 min) conducted at the end of the semester shall be assessed for another 20 marks where a student is expected to perform at least one laboratory test/experiment. Appropriate weightage shall be given to the performance in viva-voce.
- External examination is for 60 marks (180 min) - conducted and assessed by an external and internal examiners.
- Both internal and external examination shall include assessment of the student on Knowledge of principles/concepts involved, Experimental design, Result interpretation and analysis and Experimental report
These courses are assessed for 100 marks with a split of 40 marks for internal assessment and 60 marks for semester end external examination.
- Continuous assessment is for 20 marks for each session / unit finally averaged to 20 marks.
- Two internal assessment tests are conducted during the semester and assessed for the remaining 20 marks by taking the average.
- A student shall take a project during the eighth semester. Project is evaluated for 200 marks.
- A student shall report to the guide/external supervisor and work under his supervision at least 10 hours per week.
- Also, a student shall engage a minimum of 10 hours per week in the directed study/learning a modern tool/self-learning (referencing etc.,)/periodic report writing/conduct of experiments/tests/fabrication together.
- Evaluation shall comprise of internal and external assessment. Internal:80 and External: 120
- A project committee comprising of HoD, department Academic Coordinator, R&D member of the department, one senior faculty and guide shall review the progress once in four weeks.
- Vice-Principal (Academic) / one of the ADMN team members shall be an invitee for the review.
- Internal evaluation shall be done by HoD, department Academic Coordinator, R&D member of the department, one senior faculty and guide for 80 marks.
- External evaluation shall be done by HoD, Guide/Internal Examiner and External Examiner for 120 marks.
- Assessment shall be on: Problem definition, Literature review, Review on fundamental knowledge involved, Inter disciplinary aspect, Experimental/methodology design, Result analysis and interpretations, Report writing, Team work, Presentation and Viva-voce.