Message from the Head of the Department
Electronics and Communications Engineering is a demanding course as it requires an innovative and logical mindset, and the ability to constantly learn and apply new concepts and technologies. Several subjects in this program deal with scientific computations and analysis. Electronics and Communication Engineering is very interesting branch to study. For graduates who are looking at challenging and wide variety of opportunities and interested to work in multiple domains should prefer this course.
Electronics and communication engineer has plenty of opportunities in wide variety of domains. Few of them are Embedded system, VLSI, Communication (Telecom), Networking( Hardware and software ), PSU's like DRDO, Indian railways, ISRO, BEL, HAL, AAI, ONGC, SAIL, etc., Mechatronics, Aviation, Biomedical instrumentation and healthcare etc., Robotics, Nanotechnology, Computer Science, Good opportunities for startups and to become an entrepreneur.
Also ECE graduates have good higher education and research prospects.
Department of ECE encourages students to be part of professional bodies. Presently department of ECE has IEEE, IETE and Virtual Instrumentation student professional chapters / clubs. Being a member of professional bodies has following benefits:
- Being formally recognized as a professional in their field.
- Being able to mix with others in their profession both socially and professionally.
- Get support in lifelong learning and training.
- Having access to technical knowledge in the form of text books, online resources, journals and training courses.
- Being able to contribute their expertise when a new regulation or policy needs to be put together e.g. setting standards.
- Being able to promote their field in society.
To evolve as a center of excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering in the country training students in contemporary technologies meeting the standards of global industry and to develop them into skillful engineers who are technologically superior and ethically strong with knowledge of core as well as inter disciplinary domains.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering focuses in imparting quality education for students to make them compete internationally, able to effectively address societal challenges, develop intellectual qualities and social responsibility.
The act of designing a new curriculum to provide the required characteristics in future engineers will obviously require taking positions on several issues. Some of the issues that are considered in curriculum design are:
- New knowledge systems are being created at a very rapid pace. Which of these should be included in the curriculum and what should be phased out?
- Most real life problems are going to be interdisciplinary in nature. Therefore what basic knowledge should be taken as common denominator and imparted to students of all disciplines.
- How to develop expertise in the area of specialization with good understanding of mathematics and basic sciences? Should specializations be in narrow or broad areas?
- There is a need to imbibe the habit of self-learning. How should the curriculum be designed to impart this practice?
- Computer literacy and communication skills will be essential features in an engineer's life in the years to come. How can these be developed without putting additional burden on the curriculum?
- Industry interaction is going to be essential for developing problem-solving skills and creative abilities. How can this interaction be made part of the curriculum?
- Our social constraints have forced us to put students of widely varying academic achievements to study together, irrespective of their academic competence.
- How should engineering be introduced to a fresher?
- EMBEDDED SYSTEMS IN MOU WITH ThinkLABS, IIT, Mumbai
- The department is offering a certification course in Embedded Systems from 2011 in collaboration with ThinkLABs, IIT, Mumbai to bridge the gap between academics and industry and to provide hands on experience.
- The goal of this course is to impart training to interested graduate engineers with basic background in Hardware & Software, in specialized area of Embedded Systems so that they can develop expertise in developing and deploying embedded systems over a wide range of applications.
- NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS – LabVIEW Academy
- The LabVIEW Academy curriculum gives students the opportunity to validate their knowledge and skills at a professional level with certification.
- After completion of the LabVIEW Academy program, students have the knowledge and tools to attempt the Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) certification exam with confidence.
- WIPRO MISSION10X TECHNOLOGY LEARNING CENTRE
- Unified Technology Learning Platform (UTLP) has been designed by Mission10X, for Practice Based learning (hands on) in Engineering Education which enables the students to learn technology, integrated with important skills like communication, team work as well as capability to apply, analyze, evaluate and create.
- To operationalize the UTLP concept Mission10X came up with a collaborative model called “Mission10X Technology Learning Center (MTLC)” MTLC is set up by the partnering Engineering College across India to practice UTLP based learning.
- The faculty at MTLC institute are trained by Mission10X in the Project based Learning and usage of Resource Guides for Laboratory Enhancement so that they will in turn inculcate the required skills in the students.
- INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) Training Program in MOU with EasyArm, Bangalore
- The internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles, buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
- Presently IoT is the latest technology on which many companies are working.
- In the era of Digital India and Smart City concepts IoT has lot of importance.
Email – email@example.com
Department No. With Extn. - 08922 - 241732 (Extn:401)