The need of the hour is to produce an academic community with more creativity and that is the only way to convert our economy to a knowledge based economy. Curriculum of MVGR Autonomous Institution is designed to suit the industry needs that lead to Technical advancement of the society.
Advantages of Autonomous Curriculum
- Autonomy is a functional status given by UGC to colleges with flexibility to design curriculum that enhances the academic standards and provides better means of excellence.
- Choice of Core electives and Interdisciplinary options allows student to learn subject of their interest irrespective of their core branch.
- Flexible Academic Calendar that allow students to attend industry internships for short duration.
- Better employability options, due to the industry oriented curriculum
- Holistic performance measurement using Grade Point Average (CGPA) instead of marks
As per UGC, "institutions of higher education in India would do well to invest thought & resources into introducing CBCS. Aided by modern communication and information technology, CBCS has a high probability to be operational efficiently and effectively elevating learners, institutions and higher education system in the country to newer heights"
- The Vision is to evolve a higher education system that is suitability blended with provision for knowledge and skills where every student learns with creativity.
- Help students develop thinking as well as analytical ability, gets equipped with necessary skills for employment.
- Offers students with autonomy, self-learning more flexibility to choose inter-disciplinary courses along with major courses, which enhances scope of education.
- Core elective focus on student area of specialization, where as open elective expands knowledge base and allow student to have exposure to other fields of interest.
- Boost up the job prospects as the choice of open elective offers a student to opt for specific subject that is the current industry demand.
- B.Tech. :The program is 8 Semesters over 4 academic years.
- B.Tech. (Lateral Entry): The program is 6 Semesters over 3 academic years.
- Foundation Mandatory (Basic Science Core(BSC), Engineering Science Core(ESC), Mandatory Learning Core(MLC), English & Humanities Core(EHC) ) - FM - 39-45 Credits
- Foundation Elective - FE - 06-09 credits
- Core Mandatory(Theory) - CM - 68-76 credits
- Core Mandatory(Lab) - CM(L) - 18-22 credits
- Core Elective (Theory) - CE(T) - 21-27 credits
- Open Elective - OE - 06-09 credits
- Directed Study - DS - 02-04 credits
- Project - PR - 08-12 credits
- Audit Courses - AC - S/N
- Open electives offered by the parent department are listed in the course structure and are offered to students of other programs also.
- For audit course a student is expected to meet minimum contact hours, as prescribed by the department and shall also comply with the requirements of submission of assignments/projects.