MVGRCEA tries to gear up the process of Learning, Teaching and Assessing strictly adhering to the four pillars of learning as designed by UNESCO Paris Convention 1998 as one motto—Learning to Know, Learning to Do, Learning to Live Together, and Learning to Be. MVGR is committed for quantitative and qualitative growth of higher education built around the principle of equity and social justice. It is also committed to maintain its identity and keep up the cultural values and at the same time efforts are on to lift it to the status of a University with Potential for Excellence.
An outstanding education system empowers adults to be lifelong learners and problem solvers and imparts values that support good citizenship. However, most of the Universities in India design their pedagogy around an examination system which tests more the rote memory than the ability of students to apply, analyze, evaluate and create knowledge.
The teachers are given professional training to ensure that they are exposed to various innovative methods of teaching, other than the autocratic style such as lecture, demonstration, tutorial style, project strategies, review, group discussion, discovery etc.
Any education system should have a feedback process inbuilt for asserting that it is student, centered. Instructional methods should not be confined to lecturing, but learning by doing & insight should be encouraged
Exposure to Industry
Students coming out of engineering colleges are semi-finished products—they are overloaded with theories, but do not possess the ability to deliver to the industry. The students should are given means of industrial visit through internships and also Guest faculty from industry interact with the students and faculty periodically through workshops and Faculty Development Programs.
Systematic Teaching Learning Process:
- Faculty maintain Subject Files, Course Files & Lab Manuals .
- Faculty go beyond curriculum through topics beyond syllabus, advanced/design experiments, certification courses etc.
- Tutorials, Assignments, Seminars are part of the process.
- Technical quizzes/group discussions/paper presentations are arranged through departmental associations/professional societies.
- E-learning materials and video courses are made available in the central library to enhance learning outcomes.
- Industrial tours are arranged to expose students to practical pursuits.
- Mini projects / model making are made part of the learning.
- Certificate courses on modern software/engineering tools are conducted.
- Placement training, Career Counseling etc. are also made as a part of learning to enhance the employability.