Message from the Head of the Department
Electronics & Communications Engineering is a demanding course as it requires an innovative and logical mindset, and the ability to constantly learn and apply new concepts and technologies. Several subjects in this program deal with scientific computations and analysis. Electronics and Communication Engineering is very interesting branch to study. For graduates who are looking at challenging and wide variety of opportunities and interested to work in multiple domains should prefer this course.
Electronics and communication engineer has plenty of opportunities in wide variety of domains. Few of them are Embedded system, VLSI, Communication (Telecom), Networking( Hardware and software ), PSU's like DRDO, Indian railways, ISRO, BEL, HAL, AAI, ONGC, SAIL, etc., Mechatronics, Aviation, Biomedical instrumentation and healthcare etc., Robotics, Nanotechnology, Computer Science. Good opportunities for startups and to become an entrepreneur. Also ECE graduates have good higher education and research prospects.
Education has become more globalized, and has changed from being teacher-centered. Industry is demanding for graduates’ with employability skills. In consequence, current degree programs need to address the learning outcomes their graduates should attain. Typically, these cover discipline and contextual knowledge, practical knowledge, skills, personal and professional attributes. Engineering, as a discipline, has led the development of graduate attribute specifications and adopted the educational principle of constructive alignment in curriculum design. Having good quality work integrated learning modules within engineering degrees enhances the authenticity of the curriculum with respect to industry practice. Keeping in view the technological changes and industry needs curriculums require periodic review and MVGR has a permanent mechanism for identifying the curriculum requirements based on national needs and international trends. This is essential for developing a work-force which has gone through education and training to successfully tackle the challenges of technological advancements.
- 41 Faculty with 9 Ph.Ds and 12 Pursuing Ph.D.
- Dedicated building with 46,000 sft built up area.
- State of the art Laboratories with latest configuration and software.
- 250 Mbps Internet facility.
- Separate Department Library apart from Central Library.
- Self-learning materials, e-journals and Video lectures.
- Certification Courses.
- Professional Body Chapter's & Student clubs.
- In house CRT Training.
- Conduct of Workshops, Training Programs & Symposiums.
- Expert / Guest Lectures.
- In house R & D.
- MSME Business Incubation.
- Vector Network Analyzer, PCB Prototype Unit and RF Simulation Software for Research & Consultancy.
- Good Alumni network.
- Co-curricular & Extra- curricular Activities.
- Bi-Annual Department News Letter.
- Career Guidance & Counseling.
Department of ECE encourages students to be part of professional bodies. Presently department of ECE has IEEE, IETE and Virtual Instrumentation student professional chapters / clubs. Being a member of professional bodies has following benefits:
- Being formally recognized as a professional in their field.
- Being able to mix with others in their profession both socially and professionally.
- Get support in lifelong learning and training.
- Having access to technical knowledge in the form of text books, online resources, journals and training courses.
- Being able to contribute their expertise when a new regulation or policy needs to be put together e.g. setting standards.
- Being able to promote their field in society.
- IEEE Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- IETE Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers
- VI Virtual Instrumentation Club
To evolve as a center of excellence in Electronics and Communication Engineering in the country training students in contemporary technologies meeting the standards of global industry and to develop them into skillful engineers who are technologically superior and ethically strong with knowledge of core as well as inter disciplinary domains.
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering focuses in imparting quality education for students to make them compete internationally, able to effectively address societal challenges, develop intellectual qualities and social responsibility.
All curriculums require periodic review and institutions must have a permanent mechanism for identifying the curriculum requirements based on national needs and international trends. This is essential for developing a work-force which has gone through education and training to successfully tackle the challenges of technological advancements. In the recent years, university education has become more globalized, and has changed from being teacher-centered to learner-centered. Industry is demanding for graduates’ with employability skills. In consequence, current degree programs needto address the learning outcomes their graduates should attain. Typically, these cover discipline and contextual knowledge, practical knowledge, skills, personal and professional attributes. Engineering, as a discipline, has led the development of graduate attribute specifications and adopted the educational principle of constructive alignment in curriculum design.Having good quality work integrated learning modules within engineering degrees enhances the authenticity of the curriculum with respect to industry practice. Innovative remote laboratories and other internet - delivered course material are encouraging more educators to share best practice, and ‘flip’ their classrooms to improve students’ active learning. We envisage that MOOCs (massive open on-line courses) will progressively be adopted in engineering degrees, and will encourage more students into engineering.
The act of designing a new curriculum to provide the required characteristics in future engineers will obviously require taking positions on several issues. Some of the issues that are considered in curriculum design are:
- New knowledge systems are being created at a very rapid pace. Which of these should be included in the curriculum and what should be phased out?
- Most real life problems are going to be interdisciplinary in nature. Therefore what basic knowledge should be taken as common denominator and imparted to students of all disciplines.
- How to develop expertise in the area of specialization with good understanding of mathematics and basic sciences? Should specializations be in narrow or broad areas?
- There is a need to imbibe the habit of self-learning. How should the curriculum be designed to impart this practice?
- Computer literacy and communication skills will be essential features in an engineer's life in the years to come. How can these be developed without putting additional burden on the curriculum?
- Industry interaction is going to be essential for developing problem-solving skills and creative abilities. How can this interaction be made part of the curriculum?
- Our social constraints have forced us to put students of widely varying academic achievements to study together, irrespective of their academic competence.
- How should engineering be introduced to a fresher?
Dr. R. Ramana Reddy, Professor and HoD, Dr. ShaikMastanVali Professor, ECE Dept. successfully completed a consultancy work on design of an antenna for IoT Applications for M/S Phytec Embedded Pvt. Ltd, Bangalore
Patents applied by Dr. R.Ramana Reddy
- A Compact Hexagonal-Triangular Fractal Antenna for Wideband Applications. Application No. 201641043763 Dt. 22-12-2016
- A New PCB Based Antenna for IoT Applications. Application No. 201641043764 Dt. 22-12-2016
- A Modified Bow-Tie Slotted Circular Patch Antenna. Application Number : 201741034823 Dt.29.09.2017
- A Quad-band Asymmetric Dual L –Slot fed Dielectric Resonator Antenna (DRA) with Circularly Polarized Bands. Application Number : 201741035252 Dt.05.10.2017
- Curvy Rectangular Slotted Substrate Integrated Cylindrical DRA with Wide CP Bandwidth and Enhanced Gain. Application Number : 201741035257 Dt.05.10.2017
- Journals 196
- Conferences 233
Dr. G Anjaneyulu granted a project on “Design and Development of Ku Band Microstrip Patch Antenna Array for Satellite Applications” by Department of Science and Technology (DST) funded by Government of India in December 2016.
Young Scientist award
Dr. T. A. N. S. N Varma, Associate Professor, Dept of ECE, received Young Scientist Award for the Year 2015 by AP Academy of Sciences from Hon’ble Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Sri N. Chandra Babu Naidu on 7 th November, 2016.No of Ph. Ds Guided by faculty of ECE Department : 1
No of Ph. Ds Guiding by faculty of ECE Department : 12
- Ms. G. Rama Lakshmi of 2013-2017 batch received University gold medal for topping students of her batch among affiliated colleges of JNTU Kakinada with an aggregate 89.11%.
- Ms. G. Rama Lakshmi of 2013-2017 batch received a Cash Prize for topping students of all the colleges under JNTU Kakinada.
- Mr. A. Pavan of 2012-2016 batch has received Guinness Book of World Record for the longest Carrom playing marathon for 34 Hours 45 Minutes and 56 Seconds on December-2016.
- Mr. K. Pradeep of 2005-2009 batch received University gold medal for topping students of his batch of all JNTU Kakinada affiliated colleges with 84.52%.
- Mr. D.Venkateswara Rao of 2013-2017 batch awarded Individual Championship for Athletics, among students of all JNTU Kakinada affiliated colleges during 2016-2017.
- Mr. D.Venkateswara Rao of 2013-2017 batch awarded State Silver Medal in Long Jump held at Vijayawada organized by Andhra Pradesh State Athletics during 2016-2017.
- Ms. M. Yatheesha, Ms. M. Revathi and Mr. K. Soma Sekhar of 2012-2016 batch won I st prize for the project “Electronic Travel Aid for Visually Impaired” in National Science Day, 2016 at NSTL, Visakhapatnam.
- Mr. D.Venkateswara Rao of 2013-2017 batch achieved 6 th position for Athletics in All India Level held at Patiyala University, Punjab during 2015-2016.
- Mr. D.Venkateswara Rao of 2013-2017 batch awarded Individual Championship for Athletics among students of all JNTU Kakinada affiliated colleges during 2015-2016.
- Mr. D.Venkateswara Rao of 2013-2017 batch received Silver Medal in Long Jump of Senior State Meet, during 2015-2016.
- Mr. D.Venkateswara Rao of 2013-2017 batch has represented from JNTU Kakinada for Athletics held at Alva Institutions, Mangalore during 2014-2015.
- Mr. Agasya of 2012-2016 batch has represented from JNTU Kakinada University for Hockey team, held at Patiyala University, Punjab during 2014-2015.
- Mr. D.Venkateswara Rao of 2013-2017 batch received Gold Medal in Triple Jump of South Zone Meet, Warangal during 2014-2015.
- Mr. Leela Prasad of 2011-2015 batch has represented from JNTU Kakinada University for Volley Ball team, held at Patiyala University, Punjab during 2013-2014.
- Mr. D.Venkateswara Rao of 2013-2017 batch received Gold Medal in Triple Jump of South Zone Meet, Gachibowli during 2013-2014.
- Ms. M. Srujana, M.Bharathi Devi of 2009-13 batch won I st prize for the paper titled “Comparison of texture classification using SVM and neural networks” in the IETE National Conference on Advance Communication and Computer Technologies in July 2012.
- EMBEDDED SYSTEMS IN MOU WITH ThinkLABS, IIT, Mumbai
- The department is offering a certification course in Embedded Systems from 2011 in collaboration with ThinkLABs, IIT, Mumbai to bridge the gap between academics and industry and to provide hands on experience.
- The goal of this course is to impart training to interested graduate engineers with basic background in Hardware & Software, in specialized area of Embedded Systems so that they can develop expertise in developing and deploying embedded systems over a wide range of applications.
- The foundation modules (8085,8086,8051) of the course will provide an exposure to a gamut of technologies associated with embedded systems.
- Advanced modules(Atmega128, ARM7, ARM1, ReneesusKits) will cover a large number of the relevant enabling technologies and applications of embedded systems
- NATIONAL INSTRUMENTS – LabVIEW Academy
- The LabVIEW Academy curriculum gives students the opportunity to validate their knowledge and skills at a professional level with certification.
- After completion of the LabVIEW Academy program, students have the knowledge and tools to attempt the Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) certification exam with confidence.
- Experience and certification in LabVIEW can improve students' career opportunities around the world - providing graduates and potential employers with benefits such as:
- Reliable validation and demonstration of skills and knowledge.
- Accelerated professional development, improved productivity, and enhanced field credibility.
- Listing in the NI Certified Professionals database to demonstrate certification status.
- WIPRO MISSION10X TECHNOLOGY LEARNING CENTRE
- Unified Technology Learning Platform (UTLP) has been designed by Mission10X, for Practice Based learning (hands on) in Engineering Education which enables the students to learn technology, integrated with important skills like communication, team work as well as capability to apply, analyze, evaluate and create.
- To operationalize the UTLP concept Mission10X came up with a collaborative model called “Mission10X Technology Learning Center (MTLC)” MTLC is set up by the partnering Engineering College across India to practice UTLP based learning.
- The faculty at MTLC institute are trained by Mission10X in the Project based Learning and usage of Resource Guides for Laboratory Enhancement so that they will in turn inculcate the required skills in the students.
- INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) Training Program in MOU with EasyArm, Bangalore
- The internet of things (IoT) is the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles, buildings and other items—embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
- Presently IoT is the latest technology on which many companies are working.
- In the era of Digital India and Smart City concepts IoT has lot of importance.
- In view of the importance of Internet of Things training on IoT modules is initiated by department of ECEin MOU with EasyArm, Bangalore.
Email – [email protected]
Department No. With Extn. - 08922 - 241732 (Extn:401)